IPO Edge & The PBHFA hosted a virtual forum with leading SPACs, companies, and advisors to discuss the market outlook, including expected dealmaking in the remainder of 2020. The approximately 90-minute event was held Wednesday, September 2, at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
The forum was a huge success! If you missed it, you can watch the replay by clicking below
To watch the replay, click here.
The live webcast, hosted in partnership with EarlyBirdCapital, Nasdaq, High Times, ICR, Intro-act Corp., and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association included two panels and a live audience Q&A session. Sentieo, an AI-based research platform, provided key data on cannabis equities and market interest in SPACs.
The panels topics including:
- Expected cannabis deal announcements from existing SPACs in coming months
- SPACs potentially acquiring publicly-listed cannabis companies
- SPACs vs. IPOs for cannabis industry companies
- Exchange listing considerations
- The role of investment banks in both SPAC IPOs and M&A
- The “De-SPAC” process in cannabis
- PIPEs and debt to support SPAC transactions
Panel I – Feedback from the Field
- Ed Kovary, Managing Director, Equity Capital Markets, EarlyBirdCapital, Inc.
- Gary Julien, Managing Director, Schultze Asset Management, LP; EVP, Schultze Special Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: SAMA)
- Kyle Detwiler, CEO, Clever Leaves (expected ticker: CLVR)
- Adam E. Levin, Executive Chairman, Hightimes Holding Corp. (expected ticker: HTHC)
- Bill Jenks, CEO, Intro-act Corp.
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge (Moderator)
Panel II – Considerations for Dealmaking
- Robert Berner, Managing Partner, Bespoke Capital; Director, Bespoke Capital Acquisition Corp. (TSX: BC-U, OTC: BKCQF)
- Sarah Morgan, Partner, M&A, Capital Markets and Corporate Governance, Vinson & Elkins
- Eklavya Saraf, Global Head of SPAC Listings and Managing Director of New Listings, Nasdaq
- Jeff Bernstein, Managing Director, ICR Capital
- Hope King, Multimedia Editor, IPO Edge (Moderator)