Our partner/sponsor seeks a credit analyst to work with a high growth, dynamic $5 billion New York-based SEC-registered alternative investment advisory firm in an exciting part of their business, credit administration, across various debt and equity investments.
Boston Portfolio Advisors, Inc. (“BPA”) is a loan portfolio management, risk management advisory, and financial administration services firm based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Our rewarding and challenging work environment helps our people achieve both personal, financial, and professional fulfillment. BPA is consistently recognized as a thought leader by our clients, in part because we give our team continuous opportunities to learn, to contribute to meaningful assignments, to demonstrate leadership and to work on client engagements that are leading edge and thought provoking — helping our people enhance their careers and lives every day.
This is a unique opportunity in south Florida. As a member of our collaborative team in an entrepreneurial environment, the successful Credit Analyst will be working directly with a high growth, dynamic $5 billion New York-based SEC registered alternative investment advisory firm in an exciting part of their business, credit administration, across various debt and equity investments.
- Manage daily administration of investments to ensure collateral adequacy and compliance with agreements prior to funding
- Understanding complex loan documents and transaction structures
- Maintain transaction documentation files
- Document loan amendments and resolutions with corporate borrowers
- Monitor the transaction covenants, cash flows, reporting and events
- Perform credit analysis and portfolio investment reporting
- Monitor and analyze service provider reporting
- Interface with clients and other third parties
- Prepare project deliverables including written reports, data files and PowerPoint presentations
- Conduct valuation and due diligence of individual loans and overall portfolios
- Update borrower and collateral profiles and monitor key performance indicators
- Coordinate with operations, tax and accounting to ensure accurate books and records
- Work with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate and operate projects to support the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant business field
- Direct experience in assessment and monitoring corporate and commercial loans
- 3-5 years experience at a commercial finance company, commercial bank, specialty servicing company or an investment firm with credit monitoring experience
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills, as well as ability to efficiently complete assignments in Word and PowerPoint
- High levels of ownership and drive
- Strong problem solving, decision-making and organization capabilities
- Ability and willingness to multi-task and re-prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a highly professional environment
- Team oriented work style
- Excellent prioritization skills and a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including bonus, 401k plan, medical and dental benefits, disability, etc.\