As if hedge funds needed another reason to relocate to Palm Beach! According to Forbes 2016 list of the world’s billionaires, 25 call the tiny island of Palm Beach home. Talk about a massive concentration of wealth!
Here is a list compiled by the Palm Beach Daily New‘s Darrell Hofheinz of billionaires with connections to Palm Beach,
Here is a list of other Palm Beachers who made Forbes’ cut — some with primary homes here, some seasonal residents and still others who simply own property on the island. This list also notes some of those islanders’ whose net worth changed dramatically from 2015, according to Forbes.
* Real estate developer and Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, 75, in 80th place, with $12 billion, up from $6.5 billion last year
* Discount broker Thomas Peterffy, 71, in 88th place, with $11.1 billion
* Private equity titan Stephen Schwarzman, 69, in 113th place, with $9.5 billion, down from $12 billion last year
* Cosmetics executive Leonard Lauder, 82, in 122nd place, with $9 billion
* Russian fertilizer mogul Dmitry Rybolovlev, 49, in 148th place, with $7.7 billion
* Hedge-funder Ken Griffin, 47, in 157th place, with $7.5 billion
* Cox Enterprises heiresses Kathy Rayner, 71, and Margaretta Taylor, 73, tied in 178th place, with $6.4 billion each.
* Tire king Bruce Halle, 85, in 240th place, with $5.4 billion
* Enterprise Rent-a-Car founder Jack Taylor, 93, in 248th place, with an estimated net worth of $5.3 billion, down from $12.5 billion
* Robert Kraft, 74, New England Patriots owner, in 298th place, with $4.8 billion
* Money manager Charles Johnson, 83, in 317th place, with $4.6 billion down from $6.6 billion
* Financier Henry Kravis, 72, in 358th place, with $4.2 billion, down from $5.2 billion
* Consumer products titan Leandro Rizzuto, 77, in 403rd place, with $3.8 billion
* Medical equipment heiress Ronda Stryker, 61, in 435th place, with $3.6 billion
* Cosmetics executive Ronald Lauder, 72, and Marvel Entertainment owner Isaac Perlmutter, 73, tied in 453rd place, each with $3.5 billion.
* Real estate investor Jeff Greene, 60, in 495th place, with $3.3 billion
* Investor Wilbur Ross Jr., 77, in 595th place, with $2.9 billion
* Investor George Lindemann, 79, and casino and hotel developer Steve Wynn, 74, tied in 722nd place, each with $2.4 billion.
* Liquor magnate Charles Bronfman, 83, in 771st place, with $2.3 billion
* Slim-Fast founder S. Daniel Abraham, 91, in 854th place, with $2.1 billion
* Netscape founder and investor James Clark, 71, and Jeffrey Lurie, Philadelphia Eagles owner, 64, tied in 1011th place, each with $1.8 billion
* Financier Gerald Schwartz, 74, in 1,067th place, with $1.7 billion
* Investor Nelson Peltz, 73, in 1,275th place, with $1.4 billion
Some islanders’ names from last year’s Forbes list are not on this year’s roster.
Last year, coffee mogul Robert Stiller, 72, was ranked in 1,533rd place with $1.2 billion, but his name doesn’t appear on the 2016 list.
Another longtime islander, the late real estate mogul Alfred Taubman, died in April 2015; last year he was ranked in 577th place, with $3.1 billion.